Sunday 30 January 2011

Portraits




Apart from animals my favourite things to draw are faces, and the more character the face has the better, I seem to prefer drawing men but I think that's because I enjoy drawing facial hair, and I haven't found too many women to draw that have facial hair. I'm in the process of working on a few prints which will include and look at using the image of Willie Nelson and the older gent who has got the most brilliant face to draw. The drawing of Tom Selleck "the man with the moustache" was a bit of an experiment, I usually draw with a quill pen and ink but I drew Tom using a sharpened stick found in the garden, It's nice to try out different things once in a while but I prefer the level of detail you can get using a quill.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig